Rates are subject to change based on time of calculation and data entered.
©2011 Freightquote.com. All rights reserved.
PROFESSIONAL GRADE PERFORMANCE FOR EVERYONE
The SawStop 10" Professional Cabinet Saw provides superior performance to meet the demands of discerning craftsmen and woodworkers. With SawStop's legendary safety system, ground breaking dust collection and flawless fit and finish it's ready to help you get the job done.
They didn't stop at their patented safety system. The SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw has several other features to help operators stay safe.
- SawStop safety system prevents serious injury with always-on protection.
- Improved blade guard. A brand new blade guard features independent lateral sides to minimize exposure to the blade. It retains a low profile to allow for cuts as narrow as 3/4 of an inch.
- Riving knife minimizes kickback and provides protection during non-through cuts.
SawStop Safety System
- Blade stops and retracts on accidental contact
- Protection is always on
- Performs continuous self checks
- Invisible protection _ does not interfere with work
- Compatible with all standard blades
- Works on all woods and non-conductive materials
- Includes bypass switch for cutting metal
- European style riving knife to minimize kickback
- Low profile blade guard for narrow cuts
- Quick-change mount for guard and riving knife
- Large start/stop paddle for hands-free shut off
- Zero-clearance insert
- Infinitely adjustable trunnion assembly for precision alignment
- Cast iron extension wings
- Micro (1.75HP) or Dust Collection Blade Guard
- Long-lasting V-ribbed belts
- 8" cast iron handwheels
- Powder-coated cabinet
SawStop Saws are the most advanced saws in the world. Each saw is equipped with a safety system that detects when someone accidentally contacts the spinning saw blade, and then stops the blade in milliseconds. In most cases, such an accident would result in just a nick on a SawStop saw, instead of the devastating injury which would likely occur on an ordinary saw. The photo at the right shows what happens on a SawStop saw when a hotdog (representing a finger) hits the spinning blade at a speed of about 1 foot per second.
The SawStop safety system includes an electronic detection system that detects when a person contacts the blade. The system induces an electrical signal onto the blade and then monitors that signal for changes. The human body has a relatively large inherent electrical capacitance and conductivity which cause the signal to drop when a person contacts the blade. Wood has a relatively small inherent capacitance and conductivity and does not cause the signal to drop.
A fast-acting brake stops the blade when contact is detected. The brake includes a heavy-duty spring to push a block of aluminum, called a brake pawl, into the teeth of the blade to stop the blade from spinning. The spring is held in compression by a fuse wire until contact is detected. When contact is detected, the system sends a surge of electricity through the fuse wire to burn the wire and release the spring. The spring pushes the brake pawl into the teeth of the spinning blade, and the teeth cut into the aluminum and bind, thereby stopping the blade. All this happens in about 3_5 milliseconds, or 1/200th of a second. At the same time, the angular momentum of the blade causes the blade to retract below the table and the power to the motor is shut off.
The brake mechanism is shown in the drawing to the right. The arrow shows how the aluminum brake pawl pivots into the teeth of the blade. The brake pawl is part of a replaceable cartridge that includes the spring, fuse wire and electronics necessary to burn the fuse wire. An optional dado cartridge provides the same protection for dado cuts.
The standard and dado brake cartridges are single-use components that must be changed if the brake is ever activated. Changing a brake cartridge is fast and easy, no more complicated than changing the blade.
Price quoted for shipping is for standard continental USA shipping only (AK & HI additional charge). If you need lift gate service, expedited shipping, or special shipping arrangements please call 1-800-428-9898 for a shipping quote.